Roku, AppleTV, DVR, Hulu and other video partners are changing the way consumers view television. With this evolution comes a discrepancy in how we, as advertisers, can reach a scalable audience. Many believe the solution to this problem is pre-roll, but, can pre-roll effectively augment your TV buy? Here are the top ways pre-roll can benefit your overall media plan:
- You have the ability to engage your consumers unlike on TV. There are so many different creative capabilities you can accomplish with pre-roll videos, like interactive placements, that allow the viewer to actually engage with the brand and have a more customizable experience. This leads to higher CTR and a higher propensity of becoming the top of mind brand.
- Save your creative budget by re-purposing your TV spots for pre-roll. You don’t need additional funds to make pre-roll happen since digital spots are generally :15 or :30 clips.
- Having the ability to target your ideal consumer when you KNOW they are willing to engage and convert. Unlike TV, you can target based on a plethora of segments like keywords, specific channels and sites and relevant networks. This allows you to maintain a strong confidence in the fact that you are reaching the right audience.
- Tracking parameters you can place on pre-roll allow you to have a more in depth look into your ideal consumer. You have the ability to clearly track a consumer once they have viewed your ad and know where they go after. This allows you to have a better understanding of their shopping and internet habits. Now you know when to serve them your ad at the most ideal moment.
- Having the ability to reach consumers when they are on the go is a huge advantage. Mobile pre-roll allows for this to be feasible. It is even possible to target a consumer with a video of your brand when they are in a certain radius of a store location.
- Video assets across multiple screens can now be viewed on the same playing field, making pre-roll measurable to your TV buys. With the ability to mirror TV buying, pre-roll can target its consumers based on targeted CPMs, age, gender and desired GRPs. You can now show how your digital buys assist your traditional buys on the same level and vice versa!
- You can buy pre-roll dynamically. With this feature, you can reach your ideal consumer at a lower cost and have more scalable inventory than with just regular network buys.
With the ability to fast forward on TV, more and more advertisers looking towards pre-roll to reach their targeted audience. Pre-roll is a smart and effective supplement to your average TV buy or branding campaign.