How do you celebrate five successful years as an agency? You throw a 70’s themed party.
1. Location, location, location-We rented Artspace 111 in downtown Fort Worth. It is a working art gallery and studio featuring art from local DFW artists. There is an outdoor sculpture garden and large backdoor patio with a fire pit and water features. The Artspace staff is flexible and very accommodating. We loved the space, it was perfect for our event.
2. The Band-Who else but a group that bills themselves as “the greatest disco band in the world”-Le Freak. They are hilarious, fun and very engaging with the audience. They called up people from the audience for dance contests and a falsetto sing off. We all danced to Stayin’ Alive, Play that Funky Music, and the requisite YMCA.
3. The decorations-We had a disco ball. We had bright tablecloths, tie dye ribbon on the centerpieces, and hand cut peace symbol confetti. All of this around a spread of delicious food. Our dessert was a beautiful arrangement of cupcakes iced with symbols including a tie dye t-shirt, a smiley face, a peace symbol, our logo and a number five.
4. Costumes required-There were crazy 70’s wigs, tons of polyester, more tie dye, headbands, platform shoes, bell bottoms, and lots of flowers. Why did this ever go out of style?!
5. Photos-No matter what we do, we love to take pictures of ourselves. We set up a photo station with yet another tie dye theme. Check out some of our photos below.
What are we going to do for our ten year anniversary? I have no idea, but George, our president, said, “At least we have 5 years to plan it.” Thank heavens and peace out ☮ ✌