Today I stumbled across this Travel Dashboard on Google’s ThinkWithGoogle.com website. It looks like Google officially calls this data tool the Travel Category Trends Tool. I have not ever seen this tool, and I don’t know how long it has been live. But wow – it has a lot of travel-related information that is presented in an easy-to-use interface. Well done, Google. [Side note: ThinkWithGoogle.com is quickly becoming one of my favorite websites.]
From the site:
Wherever travelers go, they’re online. Whether planning a trip, navigating a new city, or sharing vacation memories, they turn to the web, using whatever device is at hand. This has completely reshaped the path to purchase, creating many moments of intent. The Google data in this dashboard, updated each quarter, provides a glimpse into these moments. Discover trends across the car rental, air, and hotel categories so you can plan for the season ahead.
I have not had the chance to dive into every feature, but there are 3 URLs for this travel tool. The most recent data is for Q3 2015. I checked their sitemap and found 3 URLs for Q2 2015 as well:
- Air (Q3’15) :: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/category-trends/travel-air-q3-2015.html
- Car Rental (Q3’15) :: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/category-trends/travel-car-rental-q3-2015.html
- Hotel (Q3’15) :: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/category-trends/travel-hotel-q3-2015.html
- Air (Q2’15) :: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/category-trends/travel-air-q2-2015.html
- Car Rental (Q2’15) :: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/category-trends/travel-car-rental-q2-2015.html
- Hotel (Q2’15) :: https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/category-trends/travel-hotel-q2-2015.html
The site provides tools and data to answer several questions. These are the questions and topics from the ‘AIR’ page:
- Search Volume Throughout the Year
- Where were people traveling?
- Where were people coming from?
- Top 5 Itineraries (by city of origin and air destination)
- Top 5 Air Brands in Search
- Top 5 Travel-Related Questions
- Mobile Search Volume Across Categories
- Travel Article and Latest News
That’s all I have for now. Dive in and let me know if you find anything else that’s cool.