Instagram has announced a new feature to their platform today called ‘Instagram Stories’. If you are familiar with SnapChat and – frankly, aren’t we all – then you will recognize these features as being the major selling point of Snapchat.
The main features include:
- You can now share videos and photos throughout your day that will not show up in your profile or on the newsfeed.
- As you share, they will appear in a slideshow type format on – you guessed it – your ‘story’.
- There are text options and drawing tools to overlay.
- These photos and videos will disappear after being on your story for 24 hours.
Starting today, users who have downloaded the latest version of Instagram will begin to see these stories in a bar at the very top of their newsfeed. Businesses can take advantage of these new features without having to spend any advertising dollars and functionality will be available to both business and private profiles.
- Influencer Account Takeovers
- Sneak peeks of new arrivals
- Behind the Scenes of Photo Shoots
The new Stories for Instagram will be rolling out over the next few weeks on both iOS and Android phones so keep your eyes peeled! You can learn more here.