If you are reading this, it means that you survived Google’s Mobile-Friendly Algorithm Update – otherwise known as Mobilegeddon and/or the Mobile-pocalypse. Well, technically, it is a week-long rollout, so just because you are still ranking today doesn’t mean you are in the clear. Be sure to keep your eyes on your mobile rankings and mobile traffic data over the next several days.
In the past 48 hours, we have seen several blog posts about the Mobile-Friendly algo update and its aftermath (aka Mobilegeddon). We wanted to create a resource guide for anyone looking for information on this update, so we will be updating this post every day with new links. Check back for more in the coming days and weeks.
This is a good post to read if you want to make sure you’re site is Mobile-Friendly:
And we’re off! Here’s a tweet from Gary Illyes, a Webmaster Trends Analyst at Google:
— Gary Illyes (@methode) April 21, 2015
FYI – Gary Illyes also says the rollout may take weeks:
— Gary Illyes (@methode) April 20, 2015
April 21, 2014
- Google Webmaster Central: FAQs about the April 21st mobile-friendly update
- Google Webmaster Central: Rolling out the mobile-friendly update
April 22, 2014
- SearchEngineLand: Did Google Really Start Rolling Out The Mobile Friendly Algorithm Yesterday?
- SearchMetrics: Mobilegeddon Has Arrived – Has It?
- Moz Blog: 2 Days After Mobilegeddon: How Far Did the Sky Fall?