If you are new to digital advertising or simply new to trafficking creatives within DoubleClick Campaign Manager, here is a quick 101 to help you get started! Keep in mind, these steps may vary based on the program you are running.
Adding in New Creative:
- Zip the folder of your creative assets.
- Go into DoubleClick Campaign Manager.
- Select New.
- Choose a Batch upload.
- Select Upload files.
- Find your zipped file.
- Check the file sizes (if a file is above 40KB, you will have to manually append tracking. This is a headache. I would suggest re-sizing to be 40KB and under!)
- Hit Next.
- Hit Save.
- Go back into your campaign and make sure you are on the creative view.
- Search for your creative and set them as inactive. This will ensure your creative is not being shown to people before you want you want it to!
- Then, select the creative you want to assign. Keep in mind, you can only assign one creative size at a time. For example, you cannot assign a 728×90 creative and a 300×250 creative at the same time. However, you can assign multiple creatives of the same size at the same time.
- Hit assignments.
- Edit Ad Assignments.
- Assign to all placements that pertain.
- Hit next.
- Hit confirm.
- Do this for each creative size.
- Hit export
- GO to Site Name (Column B): Filter for what you are NOT making changes to and delete out.
- Go to Ad Type (Column X): Delete out the default ads. You will not be making changes to these ads.
- Go to Creative Uses Default Landing Page (Column AV): we want them all to say no (delete out the blank ones, they are for inactive placements)
- Hide Column X to Column AX.
- Then, copy and paste the tracking URLs down (double check the landing page and placement to make sure they match). This is adding tracking to each creative.
- Go to Creative Name (Column AP) and filter for the ones we added in and want to schedule.
- Go to Ad Start Time (Column AA) and Ad End Time (Column AB) and copy and paste those into Creative Start Time (Column AS) and Creative End Time (Column AT). *Note, currently, you cannot simply edit the creative ad start and end dates without first copying the start and end dates from the Ad columns.
- Change times to reflect the correct Start and End dates
- Save and upload!
- Once your upload sheet has been fully processed (about 5 minutes), you should receive a confirmation email!
It’s just that easy! Happy trafficking!